We’re seeking American Sign Language Teachers! (Especially in the Lansing area).
Responsible for instructing others about the structure and content of the American Sign Language, including the meaning of signs. Instructs on the basics of relevant Deaf history that have influenced ASL. Follows the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services’ community education curriculum. Must be fluent in American Sign Language.
- Instruct students in American Sign Language.
- Help students understand the structure of American Sign Language and sign meanings.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Encourage students to actively participate throughout class.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance.
- Follow the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services’ community education curriculum.
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrated fluency in American Sign Language.
- Caring and motivated by the best interests of students.
- Ability to relate well to different groups of students of different ages and ability levels.
- Team-player who can collaborate with colleagues.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and letter or video of interest.