Job Opening At Cherry Street Health Services
Supports Coordinator – Deaf & Hard of Hearing
Cherry Street Health Services is a federally qualified health center with a mission to improve the health and wellness of individuals by providing comprehensive primary and behavioral health care while encouraging access by those who are underserved. The Supports Coordinator will work with our Targeted Case Management team to engage with deaf and hard-of-hearing clients in order to provide meaningful services.
Candidate must have a passion or interest in working with the deaf community. Must be a licensed or limited-licensed Master’s or Bachelor’s social worker or professional counselor. Must be eligible to begin a CADC or CAADC development plan through MCBAP within 30 days of hire. Must have the ability to use methods of service planning and delivery, must have an understanding of the person-centered planning process, must be able to engage clients in service, and must have a valid Michigan driver’s license and access to transportation for the performance of job duties. The ability to use American Sign Language is helpful.
The Supports Coordinator will be responsible to:
- Link to, coordinate with, and monitor specialty services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing community.
- Assist clients with accessing programs that provide financial, medical, and other assistance.
- Identify and address gaps in service provision.
- Facilitate planning using person-centered principles.
- Coordinate with Medicaid and other health care insurers/providers.
- Determine, on an ongoing basis, if the services/supports have been delivered and whether they are adequate to meet client needs/wants.
- Complete required documentation and meet productivity and contact expectations.
To apply, visit www.cherryhealth.org (Careers -> View our Current Openings) and search for the Supports Coordinator position. Submit your application.
Cherry Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.