1. Library hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 4:00pm.
2. Select the item you wish to borrow and take it to a DHHS staff person at the front desk. The front desk staff people are trained in the library process and are our “librarians”. On the inside cover of your item, you will notice that each item has a card pocket, a book card and a date due slip.
3. You will be asked to sign your name and phone number on the book card. The staff person will then stamp your card and date due slip to 2 weeks out. If you have not yet done so, you will be asked to fill out a form with your contact information. Upon completion of the contact information form, you will be issued a “library card”. When borrowing items in the future, simply show your card to the staff librarian.
4. Items may be borrowed for 2 weeks. If you wish to keep them longer, you MUST tell a DHHS staff librarian. Come to the office in person to renew the item or call a DHHS staff librarian at the front desk and they will make a note of it on your ‘date due’ card. You will be allowed to extend your time by 2 weeks. 4 weeks is the maximum that you can borrow an item. Regardless if you call DHHS and “say” you’re coming to return an item, or if DHHS calls you that something is overdue, the overdue fines will continue to accumulate until the item is returned to DHHS and the librarians have processed it and made note that it was returned. The overdue fine is $.25 per day per item borrowed, not including weekends and holidays
5. When returning an item, give it to a DHHS staff librarian so they can make note that you returned it on time. Items may NOT be returned after hours (ex: during meetings, workshops or classes that are held after hours). Please DO NOT simply place the item back on the shelves or dropping it off at the front desk. It will get lost there and DHHS will assume that you still have it and will charge you for being overdue.
The Library has now been divided into sections of interest. For your convenience we have split the books into popular categories. If there is a specific type of book you wish to find, or a topic you are interested in, please check these categories or ask the receptionist for assistance. If there is a particular book you wish to find, we would be happy to assist you.
The check-out period is 2 weeks. Staff librarians will periodically check the card file of checked-out materials and call anyone who is overdue. The overdue fine is $.25 per day, not including weekends and holidays. Please honor the paying of your overdue fines…they will help fund the library for future additions.
We have a library software which gives us the capability to scan books and also upload a list of our books to the web site so you can look for what you need before you come to DHHS and check it out!