The Hearing Assistive Technology program targets individuals who need specialized equipment, consultation and tools for their homes, workplace and daily living. We recently received a grant award from the Michigan Health Endowment Fund, which allows us to assist those aged 60 and over with obtaining hearing aids and assistive devices.
We have an Assistive Technology Center, where you can test different pieces of equipment to see what is well-suited for you. Once you find a piece of equipment (smoke alarms with strobe lights, amplified phones, loop, TV ears, alarm clock, light flashers and more) that satisfies your specific needs, we will order it for you.
IDENTIFYING SERVICES FOR YOU
- Do you miss words or phrases in spoken words?
- Do you have trouble using a telephone?
- Do you have to increase the volume to hear the TV?
- Do you have a hearing loss?
- Do you want to ensure your independence, regardless of your hearing loss?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it could be a good time to make an appointment with us. Our staff has first-hand experience with hearing loss and can assist with appropriate technology and advice. Our staff can help clarify your needs and refer you to an audiologist for a hearing test or recommend equipment for you at a low cost.
WHAT OUR STAFF CAN ASSIST YOU WITH
- Consultation sessions to understand your hearing loss, including degree of loss and specific problems in the individual areas of hearing.
- Appropriate assistive equipment for your home or workplace.
- Presentations and information packets for groups to expand their knowledge of hearing loss and the means for improvement.
- Information on installed Loop Systems
- Referrals to obtain the assistance of an appropriate professional as needed.
FAMILY INTEGRATION & HEARING LOSS WORKSHOPS
Our Hearing Assistance Technology program offers workshops to families who struggle in communicating with their family member that has hearing loss or understanding how to work with the hearing loss. Education and guidance are two important tools with Family Integration & Hearing Loss workshops. If you would like to be on the list for future workshops, please contact us at email@example.com or 616-732-7358×208.